Thank you for protecting our freedom
We would like to thank all of the service men and women who unselfishly fight for our freedom every day. In support, we want to ensure you are aware of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and its protection rights. Eligible military personnel who received their loan or credit prior to active service may be eligible for SCRA benefits and protections on the following products:
Line of credit, credit card and installment loans.
Mortgage and home equity secured loans.
Installment loans, including: consumer, commercial and small business loans.
Active duty members of the military, including those described below, who received their loan or credit prior to active service may be eligible for an interest rate reduction benefit and reduced payments. In addition, you may be protected from non-judicial foreclosure and repossession of property without a court order.
You may be eligible if you are:
- Active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard, including reservists serving on active duty.
- National Guard service for more than 30 consecutive days under federal orders issued by the President or Secretary of Defense.
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration and Public Health Service on active service.
- Dependents of those servicemembers on duty may also be eligible, even if the servicemember is not on the account.
- Security National Bank may also extend certain benefits to full-time National Guard (AGR) servicemembers who are called to active service by the Governor or State command for more than 30 consecutive days.
- To apply for SCRA interest rate benefits, you must provide a copy of your active duty orders or a letter from your executive commanding officer on official letterhead that includes: the servicemember's name and Social Security Number, active duty start date, branch of service and, if applicable, a marriage license. Stop by any of our 13 branch locations or send a written request to our fax at 402-449-0977 or mail documents to 1120 S. 101st Street, Omaha, NE 68124, Attention: Loan Administration. You will receive a notification by mail once your request has been reviewed.
- Servicemembers have up to 180 days from the date military service is completed to request benefits and provide the above documentation.
- Your SCRA benefits do not relieve you of your responsibility to make your payments on time, nor do they prevent us from reporting past due payments to credit bureaus. If you're having trouble making your payments, please contact us so we can help you manage them.
- Security National Bank is committed to providing benefits under Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. To apply for SCRA benefits:
- Call us at 402-344-7300 and ask to speak to a representative regarding SCRA Benefits,
- Stop by any of our 13 branch locations,
- Send a written request to: Security National Bank, Attn: Loan Administration, 1120 S. 101st Street, Omaha, NE 68124.
- We verify active duty status by cross-referencing the servicmember’s full name and Social Security Number with the Department of Defense database. To apply, you must provide documents that show the servicemember is on active duty, in addition to start and end dates. Examples include:
- Original Enlistment Papers/Enlistment Contract
- Active Duty Orders
- Deployment Orders
- PCS Orders (for Officers)
- Roster (for National Guard Members)
- Letter from your Executive Commanding Officer on official letterhead
- Although you're not required to, it is a good idea to alert lenders of your military status to receive foreclosure and repossession protections.
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE- SCRA